Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Training Week 2 and Week 1 Recap

Training has been going so well. Inclement weather only messed up my training this past Sunday when I was supposed to walk 2 miles, but that's okay. It wasn't a major training day. It was just to stay loose. Having a reason to run and a goal makes getting up and out in the cold each run day completely doable. I still need to invest in some new running shoes, but I bought compression leggings that have been awesome. I had just one pair before, so when I would run I'd have to wear shorts sometimes. Well, for a girl with thighs, shorts ride up. Adjusting your shorts every few strides is really annoying and distracting. Leggings are so much better, plus on cold mornings like today, they keep your legs warm!

I already have some battle wounds from my run on Saturday when I tripped crossing the street. Thankfully there were not any cars coming to run me over! It's been a while since I've had scraped up knees and a giant bruise on both.

I feel like part of the success in my endurance has definitely been attributed to what I eat. Trim Healthy Mama is all protein rich foods. My body is being well nourished which in turn allows me the energy I need to run when I hadn't run consistently in many, many months. Another reason I am indebted to the ladies that created the program. When I was consistently running before, I ate a lot of carbs, but not enough protein. They were also a lot of carbs from bread, pasta, and sugar which made me feel sluggish.

Looking forward to the half marathon, I booked a room for the whole family. Disney has special rates for rooms for people participating in the marathon, so we can stay close by and the kids can come watch me later. I'm excited to have my support system there.

No comments:

Post a Comment