Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Training Day 2

Well, I've completed the first two days of training. So far so good. I ran two miles yesterday. It was COLD out, but I am thankful that I live in a warmer climate than Colorado. I don't own a treadmill nor do I belong to a gym right now, so running outside is all I've got. It probably prepares me for an actual street race better than a treadmill anyway. I ran more than I walked. I really only walked for a few minutes to catch my breath. I also ran without music because I am not sure that I am going to compete with music.

This morning was a cross training day. I was going to try some sort of yoga, but I couldn't find a video quickly that I liked (since I waited until the last minute to search for one on You Tube), so I tried out a ballet barre video. It was a good stretch. I don't think I did most of the exercises correctly, but at least I tried. I don't know that I'll do that one again. I'll probably do a better search before my cross training day next Wednesday.

Two more miles tomorrow. 113 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment