Friday, February 3, 2017

Week 3 Nearly Done

I am very pleased with the way training has been going. Some mornings it's harder to get started than others, but I am slowly gaining speed and my endurance is improving. Soon my Saturday runs will increase by one mile each week. I'm excited for that.

My radio app was not working on my phone this past week (I finally turned my phone off completely and restarted it and then the app started working again--after I had already done three workouts). Running without music is okay, but having something to listen to really helps me keep going. I guess this means that I'll definitely have one ear bud in during the race itself. Running 13 miles with just the sounds of the people next to me doesn't seem ideal. Hopefully my app doesn't quit working then!

Looking ahead past this race, I am not sure what I'll do as far as training. It's really helpful to have the goal of running the half marathon. It gets me out in the morning when it's freezing or windy or wet. I would make excuses if I didn't have this difficult thing looming over me in three months. I know I have to train and stick to my schedule or else I will not make it. I can't see myself training for a full marathon, but hey, who knows? Someday maybe I'll do the L.A. Marathon. That would be something!

No comments:

Post a Comment